What is PTCO? Why join PTCO? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Community Organization is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your children's school. But there are many more PTCO advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTCO offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTCO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTCO, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTCO can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTCOs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTCO member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.